Also called ELKAB Studios AB, ELK is still a tenderfoot compared to most developers. It, however, stands shoulder-to-shoulder with giant software vendors in the casino industry. In this review, we’ll explain what the company does, its strengths and weakness as well as their greatest games of all time. So, get yourself a cup of coffee, sit tight, and let’s plunge in.
About the Company
Since 2013, ELK Studios has worked tirelessly to break down barriers in the iGaming sector. They now distribute mobile-optimized content through thousands of licensed Canadian casinos and other partners. They blend mathematics with astounding artwork while emphasizing on quality rather than quantity. By doing this, they deliver high-quality slots.
This casino software takes pride in the fairness and safety features incorporated in all its games. You can relax knowing that each spin is fair, thanks to the random number generators (RNG) used.
Their three-step game development process is as follows:
- Concept – The software vendor always has new game concepts in mind. According to their experience, the best game designs include an engaging topic and a solid game model.
- Beautiful artwork – The company also adores clean art. The in-house studio eliminates any opportunity for cutting corners. This provides a high-end final product, from distinct sound to fluid animations and astounding graphics.
- Strong math model – Elk Studios defines its games in the mathematical model. To create, hone, and validate their solutions, they use big data, cloud computing, and statistical modelling.
Back In the Days
Remarkably, this award-winning software provider has had a rich history in its short time of existence. Here’s a summary of the company’s notable milestones:
- Formation of the company.
- The software provider took the 4th place in Deloitte Fast50 Sweden.
- They welcomed Jeanette, their 10th employee
- The crew settled in Vasagatan 40.
- The company welcomed Yusi, their 15th
- Their slot, Wild Toro, scooped the Game of the Year Award at the EGR Operators Award.
- Took 4th place in Sweden’s Deloitte Fast50 competitions
- Exhibited its products at ICE Totally Gaming in London.
- They took the 9th place as the fastest growing company in Sweden (DI Gasell)
- Elk Studios became the 19th fastest growing company in technology (Deloitte Fast50 Sweden).
- They were recognized as Sweden’s fastest growing company (DI Gasell)
- Released Nitropolis, a slot that would become a smasher in the slots space.
- X-iter won the Game of the Year Award during the 5 Star Starlet Awards
- Elk Studios games went live in Italy
- They released Nitropolis 3 with X-iterTM
Area of Specialization
Elk’s entire focus is in slot games. Their specialization in this field is the reason for creating such exceptional titles. Without a doubt, their captivating slots have Canadian players wanting more. All their games boast unmatched graphics and amazing tunes. They also reflect a great deal of work and effort.
Since its inception, the company has been keen on mobile gaming. So, all their slots are available on mobile devices. This allows Canadian gamblers to play using their smartphones/tables. You can still play the games on a PC!
What Makes Them Special?
We’ve mentioned this gaming provider deals with slots only. Many game developers specialize in slots too. So, what makes it stand out?
Elk doesn’t copy their already successful designs. Also, they do not simply make second and third-generation adaptations of already popular games like some companies do. Instead, they place a strong emphasis on gaming experiences and technology. The outcome? Original themes for every game!
Exceptional graphics and soundtracks
The game visuals are nearly as detailed as those in movies. The company flawlessly matches each game’s themes, shadows, tones, and tints. Further, each title has vivid imagery that strongly emphasizes the game’s concepts. Each game’s sound effects perfectly capture its theme.
Interestingly, you can modulate the background noises. This software vendor does not give a mute and unmute option like most developers. Elk allows you to lower or raise the volume of the soundtracks to your liking.
Special game features
We also can’t fail to mention the extensive use of wild symbols, specifically sticky wilds and stacked wilds. Also notable is the “Betting Strategies”, a feature more particular to this vendor. This feature allows you to control your betting, sometimes to your advantage!
Still, on game features, you’ll discover that the company adores multipliers. Almost every game they create distinctively makes use of these multipliers. This makes sure of a be-fitting playing experience for all Canadian gamblers.
This is an original approach to playing slots. Through 5 pre-set modes, ELK Studio’s X-iterTM enables Canadian players to dive directly into the action. With the modes’ customization for each slot, gamblers can choose their scenario and enjoy the core of each game.
While some developers deal with several products, this one focuses on casino games, specifically, slots. You will not find table games, live dealer games or other non-iGaming products from the software vendor.
This software provider pays attention to mobile gaming. First, it optimizes its software for smartphones and tablets, then PCs and laptops. In 2020, the company got 71.4% of its revenue from smartphone users. The desktop market generated 28.6% of the total revenue in the same year. This shows that they are committed to mobile gaming.
Can I still play the games on a screen-sized phone? Yes! Each of Elk slots runs flawlessly on any smartphone, big or small. Also, your phone’s operating system is no issue. The games work on iOS, Windows, and Android without a glitch.
By the way, you don’t need to download any software or additional material to play the games. Your preferred browser can handle the task just right. A stable internet connection is all you need.
Best 5 ELK Studio slots
ELK enjoys fusing a solid mathematical formula with superb artwork. These two things make them stand out from their competitors. If you’d like to experience what this provider offers, here are the top games to try out:
- Wild Toro – One of the developer’s earliest forays into digital entertainment is Wild Toro. The product won a prize for Game of the Year at the SIGMA Awards exposition in 2017. The well-known bullfight in the inspiration in this game. It depicts the tale of a matador named Diaz Jr. and the legendary bull El Torro, who serves as his constant foe.
- The Taco Brothers Slot – This amusing slot’s plot is set in the picturesque Mexican hamlet of Santa Maria. With tacos, content villagers live in harmony. This goes on until one day the villainous Captain Diaz robs helpless villagers of their tacos and pesos. You’re supposed to help the three taco brothers; Pepe, Pico, and Paso in blowing up a safe and empty a vault.
- The Lab – In this game, you’ll find yourself in a mystery lab. Here, you can create a winning combination by mixing minerals and components. The solution offers engaging gameplay, gorgeous background music, and outstanding graphics. The Lab is the first item with a unique betting scheme.
- The Grand Galore – You are on the VIP list, and the special performance is about to start! This glorious occasion is decked out in pure gold, majestic riches, and sparkling stones. The Grand Galore has several features, including different re-spin features and a bonus game. For the best gaming experience, ELK Studios recommends launching this game at a resolution of 1600 x 900.
- Poltava: Flames of War – The historic battle between the Swedish army and the Russian Empire’s armed forces is the inspiration here. This epic fight, which happened in the 18th century close to Poltava, was crucial to the development of Ukraine. Declare your allegiance to either the Swedish or Russian side and spin away!
As always, checking a company’s licensing status is the first step towards establishing its legitimacy. For this one, you don’t need to worry. Elk Studios holds several valid licenses from the:
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission (Reg. number is 40844)
- Malta Gaming Authority (MGA/B2B/605/2018)
The company also has a valid Second-Class License in Canada. This allows it to produce and distribute specialized software to Canadian casinos for the operation of games of chance.
Additionally, the impartial BMM Test Lab has evaluated the company and issued a certificate of approval. This means all games by this gaming provider are safe and fair.
By the way…
…Elk is a recognized affiliate of the non-profit group BeGambleAware which monitors compliance with responsible gambling.