In today’s world, smartphones have become an integral part of our lives. They help us stay connected with our loved ones, get work done on-the-go, and provide endless entertainment. One such popular smartphone is the Samsung Galaxy Note series, which has a large user base. If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900, you might be interested to know about the latest firmware upgrade – SM-N900 Firmware 7.0.1. In this article, we will guide you through the process of downloading and installing the firmware upgrade.
What is SM-N900 Firmware 7.0.1?
To begin with, let us understand what SM-N900 Firmware 7.0.1 is. It is the latest firmware update for the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 model. This firmware is based on Android 7.0 Nougat and comes with several new features and improvements. Some of the notable features include improved battery life, better performance, enhanced security, and more. By upgrading to this firmware, you can enjoy all these benefits and improve the overall user experience of your device.
Before You Begin
Before you proceed with the download and installation of SM-N900 Firmware 7.0.1, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind:
- Make sure that your device is charged up to at least 50% to avoid any interruptions during the upgrade process.
- Take a backup of all your important data, as the upgrade process might erase your device’s data.
- You will need a Windows-based computer and a USB cable to connect your device to the computer.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the correct firmware file for your device model and region.
Download SM-N900 Firmware 7.0.1
Once you have gone through the pre-requisites, you can proceed with the download process. Follow the steps below:
- Visit the official Samsung firmware website.
- Select your device model and region from the drop-down menus.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button to start the download process.
- Wait for the download to complete. The file size is around 1.3 GB, so it might take some time depending on your internet speed.
Install SM-N900 Firmware 7.0.1
Now that you have downloaded the firmware file, it’s time to install it on your device. Follow the steps below:
- Extract the downloaded firmware file on your computer using a file extractor software like WinRAR or 7-Zip.
- Download and install the Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Put your device into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Launch the Odin flashing tool on your computer.
- Click on the AP button in Odin and select the extracted firmware file.
- Ensure that only the ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ options are ticked in Odin.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button in Odin to begin the installation process.
- Wait for the installation process to complete. It might take around 10-15 minutes.
- Once the installation is complete, your device will automatically reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to the latest firmware version – SM-N900 Firmware 7.0.1. By following this comprehensive guide, you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free upgrade process. With the new features and improvements that come with this firmware, you can enjoy a better user experience on your device. However, make sure to take a backup of your important data before proceeding with the upgrade process to avoid any loss of data.